We need a few news writers for the Game Addicts section

Status
Closed
I'm sure I could do it. I already write my fake newspapers and give them out to my friends. Plus I LOVE WRITING&TYPING STORIES!!! :p

IndigoBluezzz said:
I'm sure I could do it. I already write my fake newspapers and give them out to my friends. Plus I LOVE WRITING&TYPING STORIES!!! :p
I would need consistency on this... is that possible? :)  IE 1 every 7-14 days?

If you are interested.. please pm me an example of your work on a unique / personalized / etc gaming industry topic.

Bv :hat

I would like to see a classic gaming magazine resurface, even if that was online, showcasing news of current events and shows in the classic gaming community. It could deal with issues all across the board including pricing and where to buy. The reason there is such a need is every classic gaming magazine both online and in hardcopy (I have a few of the hardcopy editions) were run and then went belly up due to lack of interest.

Unless we would be doing something to that effect, I doubt I would participate. However, if you need some more reviews like you received from me in the past, we might be able to work something out. I just have to make school my priority.

I am a new member but I could write if you like. I stay pretty current on video game information. Let me know if I can help.

I was thinkin of maybe volunteering, but it seems you've got tons of people already. Oh, and a little suggestion, considering how many volunteers there are, the mods may want to hold each writer to articles in a certain category (ex. a 360 writer, a PS3 writer, etc.) 8)
Ah hell i'll throw my writing into the hat as well. How should I send it to the admin?

I'd like to write, if that's ok with you Mr. Bluevoodu. If it's possible for me to write, then just tell when and what to write. So I'll just throw my name in the hat as well.

~Jack

i'll write any gaming news. i have many ways of finding out good news and interpeting into my own words. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pick me!! :-[

I would love to do it, but i cant work with Jack or fhgwgads or what ever

Was there any real purpose in putting that? All it will do is increase the animosity, and that doesn't do anyone any good.

Bluevoodu said:
Yes... there will be a writers forum to collaborate...etc.

Most likely... there could be a group working on 1 article... or each person can write their own article. The articles need to be well written... so we can MAYBE start establishing ourselves a bit as a news source. This would be taken "semi-seriously" ... if you know what I mean. Not slacking, but not like a newspaper job either :lol

Bv :hat
READ THE POSTS
SpartanEvolved said:
Was there any real purpose in putting that? All it will do is increase the animosity, and that doesn't do anyone any good.

Wow, there is a lot more interest in this now than there ever was before. Sorry for my tardiness in noticing that, but I thought it was turning into a lost cause.

I saw a post... somewhere... from someone who said that they would like to help out but it looked like we had enough volunteers already... I would just like to say that we will use all the volunteers we can get. If you're at all interested keep checking in this thread for any news on the subject. The idea right now is to get as much variety as possible. The more people we have writing articles, the wider audience we'll reach.

Another thing I'd like to mention is just the format a "news article" would take. It doesn't have to be straight up recitation of facts (although it certainly can be if that's what you want to do), the idea is to more or less take an angle, a side, or have an opinion about "x" news article. Because we can't compete, at all, with any major or minor videogame news outlet, what we have to offer is a unique look at news stories that are already generally well known. In a nutshell, you wouldn't write a news article so much as you would write an editorial, but once again, either or will be fine.

Also we would ask that everyone who wants to do this is willing to commit to at least 2 articles a month (bi-weekly), this wouldn't be a strict rule or anything but it would be preferable if everyone aimed for that goal. Once again, at this stage of the game, we'll take all we can get. :lol

I will speak with the Bluevoodoo-ian one, I wouldn't mind giving this thing a kickoff within the next 1-2 weeks. So once again, keep checking back with this thread and once I get some solid plans laid down I'll start throwing out some PM's.

Reviews are always welcome, but what we're trying to get going here is different from reviews. PM BV if you have a review you'd like to submit for the site.

Status
Closed