Neo Geo CD KOF 96 NGCD > KOF 96 AES

Joined Jul 2004
976 Posts | 1+
USA
I been playing alot of KOF 96 on my AES, and its pretty much my fav of the series. Well its been a while since I played 96 on my NGCD, so I put it in tonight to kill some time.

GOOD LORD! The music is seriously 100 times better than my AES cart! I have never really noticed the full extent of how much better it actually is until tonight.

I was even considering selling my NGCD collection not long ago...god I'm glad I didn't, the games are truely worth it just for the music alone! Forget about the loading times...listen to the music man...it amazes and stupifies me.

I know what you mean.... Fatal Fury Special is the same way. I was blown away by how much better the music was.

How did they acheive that? Is it just because of the CD format?

Or why couldn't they have better music on the AES?

†B†V† :hat

I'm guessing it's the CD format. Sure they COULD have crammed the better music on a cart, but that would have increased the meg count on the carts and made them even MORE ridiculously expensive

I just don't think CD quality sound is possible on a cart. It would have to be compressed an insane amount just to even get it on their, and the resulting sound quality would suffer a great deal.

Look at Matrimelee on AES...it has full songs with vocals and all...but it has a staticy sound as well..no where near CD quality...but I still think it has one of the best soundtracks ever hehe.

Dr_Ackula said:
I just don't think CD quality sound is possible on a cart. It would have to be compressed an insane amount just to even get it on their, and the resulting sound quality would suffer a great deal.

Look at Matrimelee on AES...it has full songs with vocals and all...but it has a staticy sound as well..no where near CD quality...but I still think it has one of the best soundtracks ever hehe.

the N64 did great with sound (on cart)

I do like KOF 96 though :)

The dam stage is on here as well.... right?  .. at least I thought it was a dam stage.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
the N64 did great with sound (on cart)

True, but it had a much newer sound chip, and a superior one too. I was speaking more along the lines of the possibilities of a Neo cart having CD sound..which I do not think would likely be possible.