"The Game"

Joined Mar 2006
6K Posts | 0+
Victoria (australia)
Anyway felt like spreading the game... It can be hard to explain at first, so I'll just post this link here from Wikipedia. (this should also make things temporarily randomer on Egame and hopefully in your town/city)

The Game is an ongoing mind game, the objective of which is to avoid thinking about The Game itself. Thinking about The Game constitutes loss, which, according to the rules of The Game, must then be announced. The Game is continuous—once a player stops thinking about The Game, they stop losing.

Rules

There are three main rules to The Game: [1] [2] [3]

1. Everyone in the world is playing The Game. (Sometimes narrowed to: "Everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game."[4], or alternatively, "You are always playing The Game.")
2. Whenever you think about The Game, you lose.
3. Losses must be announced (a statement such as "I just lost the game" is often used).

As a variation, some players allow a grace period after they have lost once, during which a player cannot lose The Game again or is not obligated to announce a loss. This can range from just a few seconds to half an hour.[1]

Popularity

The Game is played by hundreds of thousands of players,[1] on the Internet and in schools and universities in the United Kingdom, the United States,[5] Canada,[1] the Netherlands, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Belgium.[4]

Some players have developed strategies for making other people lose, such as writing "The Game" in visible places or hiding notes for people to find.[4] The Game has been called pointless and has been known to infuriate some people.[1] The origins of The Game are unknown, although there are earlier examples of similar "games", such as the White Bear Phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

Enjoi ::D

The Game has spread all the way to Australia? I blame kangaroos. XD

I just lost the game, and so did Scyth, but he won't admit it! ::D

i heard about the game recently apparently otakus play it a lot in conventions

It's been around for ages, I know, but I only heard of it a few months back from a friend of mine, lol, and I decided to spread it here. And by the looks of it, you guys seemed to have forgotten about ti for a bit, which means you lost the game by remembering!

and you all had such a good winning streak, :lol