What system(s) are you using now? (2014)

Which system(s) are you currently using?

• Total voters
Joined Jun 2004
3K Posts | 0+
Indiana
Since we're at a point that is bridging the seventh and eight generations of game consoles, which one(s) are EGA members still using? I was a little late to the party buying the PS3, though I got it before the PS4 was released. I was really late buying my 360 and PSP, but am still getting some play time out of them.

I have seen a bit of gameplay on the Wii U and on the PS4, but probably will not be buying an eighth generation console for a while yet. So what systems are EGA members using now, at the beginning of 2014?

Does emulation count? Because I just started playing my PS1 games again through my PC and going to do the same with my Genesis games.

Otherwise, Steam/PC is my main choice now. It's completely made me not want a PS4 or XB1. PS3 gets use for TV streaming.

steam has been bogarting my game time as of late. I still enjoy legacy consoles and the 7th gen systems but in small doses.

Mostly PC right now; I'm still playing FFXIV. :D

But I did pick up Lightning Returns for the 360 so I'll be playing that as well.

My PS2 and N64 have been seeing the most use lately. Second to them would be PC and Gamecube.

CreepinDeth said:
Does emulation count? Because I just started playing my PS1 games again through my PC and going to do the same with my Genesis games.

Otherwise, Steam/PC is my main choice now. It's completely made me not want a PS4 or XB1. PS3 gets use for TV streaming.

Oh yeah, if I am not gaming, the PS3 is seeing a lot of Netflix. I also took the time to set up media server connectivity to stream music through the PS3. For years, my PS2 was seeing DVD play whenever I wasn't gaming. Sony nails the whole gaming console/entertainment center combo.

I have mostly been using Wii and pc currently. Sometimes I use ps3 tho and occasionally DS

I mostly use my handhelds for gaming. And I am talking about the whole spectrum, gameboy pocket and all its rivals up to the 3DS. I just get one of those itches and pull out the Neo Geo colour or GB pocket, etc.
When it comes to the consoles connected to my flatscreen tv, Ouya, due to the indi gaming, will more than likely be used. And the Wii falls into second place. I still occasionally hook up the TG 16, NG CD, etc. Depends on the gaming mood. Almost always it will a game with that old arcade genre feel.

I am still very retro in my gaming taste with basically the 3DS keeping me in touch with modern day gaming.

I'm the other one - I love the system I just think nintendo needs to find that next franchise or they'll wind up just a hand held company. Theres STILL only about 6 worth while games on this thing........

What games are they. I was wondering if it would be worth me considering. I have only purchased one system for one game in all my gaming lifetime. That was a PS2 for FF.

mariorulezman said:
I seem to be one of only two people with a Wii U.

That sucks.

I have one, just really haven't played it much. Hopefully that will change when Mario Kart 8 comes out this month.

the games I've enjoyed most on wii u are new super Mario bros u, super Mario 3d world, the legend of Zelda wind waker, lego movie game, lego city undercover, and the new super luigi u.

I've purchased a bunch more - wii party u, Nintendo land (both ok but not worth the money - wait till $10 or so used) skylanders giants (its a little too vanilla for my tastes but the kids dig it) and I've got tons from the virtual console (which is awesome but needs to be a bit cheaper, especially since most of it I've already got for other systems).

Mario Kart 8 is preordered and I have high hopes for it as well.

Basically any game for the wii u that's sold over a million copies that's not a party game is worth having!

okay you can add vita to my list of gaming consoles. I am spending a lot of time with this one. I amsurpisingly enjoying online gaming for the first time.

Mai Valentine said:
I have one, just really haven't played it much. Hopefully that will change when Mario Kart 8 comes out this month.

I haven't had much reason to mess with it for a while. And was actually looking to get rid of it because lack of worthwhile games. No one wanted it though so I'll keep it I guess.

Let's see.. today I played some StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm on PC.

I watched some Netflix on my PS3.

I played some MegaMan X2 on the Super NES.

Then played some Sonic Advance 2 on my DS Lite (since the DS lite can play GameBoy Advance games).

mariorulezman said:
I haven't had much reason to mess with it for a while. And was actually looking to get rid of it because lack of worthwhile games. No one wanted it though so I'll keep it I guess.

Wait until Smash Bros comes out, and then if you still want to sell it you might get more offers. :p

I actually sold my GBA SP this last week. Any GBA games I want to play look better on the DS lite. I actually got $60 out of the old SP too! I am keeping a handful of GBA games, but did sell off Sonic Advance 2, Zelda: Minish Cap, Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid: Fusion, and Mario Advance: Super Mario World.

It's funny how much demand there still is for GBA games over so many other systems. Could it be because so many of those games are only available on cartridge and not on other formats?

I think the collectability of cart games + those games are so stinking small they get lost easily deflating availability numbers quicker than a regular kart or disc game. Not to mention those little games were fun.