Happy Thanksgiving 2014

Joined Jun 2004
3K Posts | 0+
Indiana
It has been a strange year with many changes.

I have celebrated 10 years with Renee this year, changed careers, and made an attempt to move.

I have also lost some very special pets to age and illness, wrecked my car, and made some difficult life decisions.

I am, however, thankful that I got to spend some time with some of the EGA crew (Bluevoodu, MasterMario, and SpartanEvolved) and broke out some Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3 on the xbox 360s for a nice old school console LAN this holiday!

Hopefully this winter, steam sales, and new video game gifts will give us all some more to be thankful for over the next year! :D

I have much to be thankful for myself. I have had a couple of trips overseas for the company that I am with. Glad to be home during these Holidays we have now entered. A couple of my fellow workers are still there. My wife broke her wrist so I was the food chopper and helper cook yesterday morning. We are thankful that she did not need a pin and that it will heal normally.

I have had a few changes myself. I ended up picking up a PS Vita which led to the purchase of the PS3. A big step for someone who is mainly a retro gamer. :lol

I have had changes in my health which is connected with old age. As anyone knows, it is frustrating growing old and learning how to cope with it. But this is something that has been gradually happening over the years anyway. I would rather be 18. Like that is going to happen. ::D

We have went through some hard struggles with finances this year. Made some decisions. Were they wise? Unfortunately only time will tell. Hopefully things will level out after the recent doctor bills.

I have celebrated 37 years with my Wife this year. When we were first married, they said it would never work. They were referring to me when they said that. :D But here we are still the best of friends which is very important in a relationship. Yes some of my edges have been knocked off, but that is a good thing.

It has been a very Happy Thanksgiving. We consider the Holiday as being four days, since I have been able to enjoy that many days off for the past 14 years. We also consider it the beginning of the Christmas Season. Things take that direction in my household.