Sega Dreamcast Dreamcast is dead....YEAH RIGHT! Check this!

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
http://kotaku.com/5036827/dreamcast-development-still-profitable-apparently

Two more games in the works! YES this is 2008! Yes you're not daydreaming! It's ALIVE!!! ALIVE!! DO YOU HEAR ME!?!? IT'S ALIVEEE!!! :lol

Glad to hear an old friend is on life support.
Even if it is for a limited time, to have your own custom sprite in your own image is a neat added plus.

Damn.. I forgot I even had a Dreamcast even though the only game I play is MvC2.

I wish at E3, Sega was like:

"Well, here's a list of games for the Wii, PS3, and 360 we have in our line-up for 2009. Ahem, now over here, we have all 32 games coming exclusively to the Dreamcast in 2009."

You know... if there were 4 systems in the console market... I think that might be a bad thing :lol

†B†V† :hat

i wish microsoft and sony would die so we can see another sega console. sega at least made games interesting and they were a game company, not a multimedia conglomerate. playstation and xbox are just branches of their respective companies. the dreamcast was the heart and soul of the sega at the time. they had a great bunch of ideas and took games to the next level.

the dreamcast never died imo. it's still very much alive. i play my dc regularly :)

Grandmaster said:
i wish microsoft and sony would die so we can see another sega console. sega at least made games interesting and they were a game company, not a multimedia conglomerate. playstation and xbox are just branches of their respective companies. the dreamcast was the heart and soul of the sega at the time. they had a great bunch of ideas and took games to the next level.

the dreamcast never died imo. it's still very much alive. i play my dc regularly :)
Very true.

Grandmaster said:

yeah... I should play mine again. I just haven't broke it out in awhile. I need to do that again here soon.

Grandmaster said:

I whole-heartedly agree. :)

Grandmaster said:

Let's not forget the other consoles Sega had out at the same time.

The heart and soul of Sega, I honestly would say, depends on the region. In Japan, it was Saturn & Dreamcast. In America, it was Genesis, and in Europe, it was MegaDrive and the Master System..

MegaDrive20XX said:
The heart and soul of Sega, I honestly would say, depends on the region. In Japan and in Strubes' heart, it was Saturn & Dreamcast. In America, it was Genesis, and in Europe, it was MegaDrive and the Master System..

fixed! :lol

Dreamcast is still very much alive in my eyes. The homebrew scene still thrives, as does the emulation community. Just tonight I was able to get some of my Neo Geo CD games playing perfectly on my Dreamcast, with hardly any load time at all. Not to mention the great library of games still available on the DC...

Dreamcast is a multi-console in my eyes. Dreamcast was first console to have a successful online experience.

I bought a Dreamcast a few months ago and bought about 20 games with it...one of the best decisions of my life. (since I had to sell the one I bought at launch)

Mine is from it's launch days. I have begin to think about getting another one for backup recently.

retro junkie said:
Mine is from it's launch days. I have begin to think about getting another one for backup recently.
Mine still works perfectly. I just wish Half-Life worked for the Dreamcast :lol

It works Intermittently... however, I can never keep the game running. It is really buggy.