Sega Saturn Nocturne in the Moonlight

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Is this Castlevania game worth getting?? And if so, how hard is it to find??

Not very hard, and yes it's worth getting if you wish to play as Maria and Ricther's hidden costume...and two new dungeons to explore...and beautiful new soundtracks added to the 25+ tracks already found

Be prepared to spend about $50+ to $80 for a copy depending on which one you choose (complete with spine card or without)

It's not really that rare, but always in demand

The biggest issue I had with this game, was "How do I access the map?" well once you pause the game, just hit the R trigger...and please don't try to read the Kanji, just focus on pictures/icons and number stats to help you tell the difference between the weapons

Cool. I wasn't sure. I went to a web site that has nothing but Castlevania reviews, FAQs and walkthorughs. The site said that SotN was the best Castlevania ever. Then on the Nocturne in the Moonlight, they say they took SotN and made it better. But then proceeded to say that this or that was cheesy, and how it really wasn't worth persuing unless you didn't mind the Japanese. It was kind of like the site was being wishy-washy.
I'm gonna try to find it then. :D

Yes, I would highly recommend it, it's sought after by many fans.

The fact is, Dracula X Nocturne in the Moonlight is the same name on the Japanese PSX verison as well.

While we've always called it "CastleVania Symphony of the Night"

The Saturn import actually gives you so many extra goodies that the US verison missed out on. Like two extra fimilars, The Angel and the Gremlin.

One neat feature I like, is equip the Angel fimilar, level her up to 50...then head over to the Royale Chapel (in the normal castle, not inverted) an sit in the confession booth chair.....sit there for more then 5 minutes....and watch what happens with the Angel fimilar....she'll calmly sit on Alucard's shoulders.....and bust out with a hidden track...and start SINGING with japanese lyrics....it's quite a lovely treat...

Ghouls N Ghosts said:
Yes, I would highly recommend it, it's sought after by many fans.

The fact is, Dracula X Nocturne in the Moonlight is the same name on the Japanese PSX verison as well.

While we've always called it "CastleVania Symphony of the Night"

The Saturn import actually gives you so many extra goodies that the US verison missed out on. Like two extra fimilars, The Angel and the Gremlin.

One neat feature I like, is equip the Angel fimilar, level her up to 50...then head over to the Royale Chapel (in the normal castle, not inverted) an sit in the confession booth chair.....sit there for more then 5 minutes....and watch what happens with the Angel fimilar....she'll calmly sit on Alucard's shoulders.....and bust out with a hidden track...and start SINGING with japanese lyrics....it's quite a lovely treat...

I thought that the angel and the gremlin are in the US SOTN. At least I think thats them.

US verison removed them and gave us the Fairy and Demon you'll notice two blank spaces in the fimilar screen.....the Germlin has a funny face and the Angel has a green outfit

Ghouls N Ghosts said:
US verison removed them and gave us the Fairy and Demon you'll notice two blank spaces in the fimilar screen.....the Germlin has a funny face and the Angel has a green outfit

Oh ok.

I checked out BV's store to see if he had a listing. Nada. Not that I have the green to pay for it right now. :(

Yeah, Dave had one for $57 (which is by far an incredible price for Dracula X Saturn) and I was going to buy that one...yet I noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that someone beat me to it.. lol

Ghouls N Ghosts said:
Yeah, Dave had one for $57 (which is by far an incredible price for Dracula X Saturn) and I was going to buy that one...yet I noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that someone beat me to it.. lol

Thats what happens when you wait 2-3 weeks. But im sure you had a good reason to.

Yeah. I checked out Ebay. $70 was the average cost for this game.

Does the PSX version of Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight have extra stuff that weren't in the US version? 8)

The only thing the Japanese PSX version has, that we don't in the USA...is two extra fimilars for Alucard...the Angel and Gremlin (But the Fairy and Demon fimilar actually combine both their skills and that of the missing two fimilar in 1)...and the fact that Jesus Christ is on the cross when you do item crash with Richter or Alucard when your sub-weapon is the Cross. (This was censored in the US and European version)