PSN games on PSP question

Joined Jul 2009
2K Posts | 0+
California
Hey everyone, I just got a voucher for a psp game and I was just wondering, do I have to have my psn logged into my psp? I ask because my wifi is broken so I might have to pick up a new wifi board before I buy a new memory card.

Snatcher_L said:
Hey everyone, I just got a voucher for a psp game and I was just wondering, do I have to have my psn logged into my psp? I ask because my wifi is broken so I might have to pick up a new wifi board before I buy a new memory card.

I believe so.... I have never used a voucher before but you gotta redeem them in the PSN store if i am not mistaken so you would need to log the PSP on

I think it might be possible through USB, but I'm not sure. Don't quote me on that. You might want to research that a bit.

Snatcher_L said:

Also, you can use Sony's MEDIA GO (It's just like itunes) Where you can access the store and redeem PSN codes on your PC! Plus you can upload and download to your PSP via your USB Cable. :)

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/mediago/default_enu.asp?page=download

and this PC App is totally free to download. :)

Alright, thanks guys. So just to be sure I don't need to log into my PSN via my PSP at all? ;D

Snatcher_L said:
Alright, thanks guys. So just to be sure I don't need to log into my PSN via my PSP at all? ;D

I'm not sure. You're going to have to find out for us. :D Or maybe Mega knows.

I would assume that Media Go will recognize that your PSP is activated with the account that you used to purchase the game.

Snatcher_L said:

Yeah you have to log into PSN, but you can do it via the Media Go from the comfort of your PC or Labtop. :)

MegaDrive20XX said:
Yeah you have to log into PSN, but you can do it via the Media Go from the comfort of your PC or Labtop. :)
Alright, thanks everyone! my 1 gig isn't cutting it anymore but an upgrade to 8 will be nice xD

Tried out media go but it wouldn't work with my firmware :p But! Was able to use my PS3 and found out that it "activates" an account on my psp and I can only use one at a time, so my FFIX game is gonna have to wait :lol

Sad thing is, Castlevania Chronicles won't load on my PSP and DJ Max Portable Fever needs me to be on a higher firmware :p

Snatcher_L said:
Tried out media go but it wouldn't work with my firmware :p But! Was able to use my PS3 and found out that it "activates" an account on my psp and I can only use one at a time, so my FFIX game is gonna have to wait :lol

Sad thing is, Castlevania Chronicles won't load on my PSP and DJ Max Portable Fever needs me to be on a higher firmware :p

See if you can borrow someones MGS Peace Walker. It has a firmware update on the disc.

Also, sell it and get a new PSP Dangit!!! :mad:

Fr0dus Maximus said:
Have you tried Portable Fever yet? Clazziqua was the last DJ Max Portable game I played.

No I haven't, I heard it was kind of a mixture of all the previous DJMP games though.

CreepinDeth said:
See if you can borrow someones MGS Peace Walker. It has a firmware update on the disc.

Also, sell it and get a new PSP Dangit!!! :mad:

I can't do that, my PSP can play Cave Story and I don't wanna give that up :lol

Also I don't wanna, I've had my PSP since launch :D