All purpose Halo 2 thread!

Status
Closed
but plasma pistol shots tend to miss other humans that are moving around because they react too quickly

True, but the Plasma Pistol is probablly the most compatable weapon in a combo. 1 shot to drain the shields, and almost any other weapon will make quick work of their remaining health.

The plasma pistol was good against the Sentinels, though. One hit kill if you charged the plasma pistol and got a good shot at the Sentinel.

BTW, silver, that is a Battle Rifle.

I still wonder how these pics got leaked. I know somebody is going to lose a job. One tester tried to leak very minor things and got fired for it.

Yeah, they're really into security when you beta test. I tested Everquest Online Adventures: Frontiers for the PS2 and I had to agree to numerous pages of "DO NOT SHOW ANYTHING TO OTHER PEOPLE. DO NOT TELL OTHER PEOPLE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME. WHEN THE BETA TEST IS OVER, DO NOT TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THE BETA VERSION." etc. I guess there were things in there that they didn't want other people to know about?

My GameStop had to stop taking pre-orders for launch date Halo 2 Collector's Edition. I guess the allocated amount was already reached. We're still taking pre-orders for it, but the people who pre-order it now won't get it until Nov. 16. I'm glad I pre-ordered before the cut-off.

New stuff

SPOILERS

Game is totally finished, drones (flying snipers of doom) are in, hunters are in, grunts can jump (higher than MC in Halo 1).

Hype sucks. It's ruined games in the eyes of the gamers (Fable anyone?). Hopefully Halo 2 won't fall victim to it.

Either way, I want this game now! :D

Well, hype can be a bad thing when there is too much. Because of the disappointment when something is left out, ala Fable.

The second of October today, and it Halo 2 seems like I'll never live long enough to play it... GO FASTER TIME!! :D

Well that's good to know. It's not as though I was worried anyway after seeing possibly every Halo 2 video on the internet... :D

You're probably safe if you only watch videos from IGN though. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't support hacked videos.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/559/559923p1.html

It's been confirmed: No online co-op in Halo 2

October 25, 2004 - In the days approaching Halo 2's release, Microsoft has started revealing crucial information about the big picture surrounding Halo 2. As such, Microsoft officially told IGN today there is no online two-person cooperative play (in either Xbox Live! or System Link) in Halo 2.

The two-player cooperative function found in Halo 2 is just like it was in the original Halo. It enables two people, offline, to play through the single-player game cooperatively using a two-way split-screen.

Bungie, a developer that always provides superb multiplayer options, must have considered including such an option at some point, but Microsoft did not officially specify why. Also, although the media and fans alike have speculated about Halo 2's online two-player cooperative play for some time, Microsoft never officially announced for these functions for Halo 2.

Microsoft, however, did clarify an interesting new online feature, first revealed in EGM. Four people can play Halo 2 online using one Xbox via four-player split-screen. One player logs in to Xbox Live! using his or her account, while the other three play as guests.

Status
Closed