All purpose Halo 2 thread!

Status
Closed
Lucky you. I hope in Halo 2, if your vehicle gets shot, you dont take damage. That way, it gives people incentive to use skill to shoot out the driver instead of demolishing the vehicle.

That would be cool, though harder for beginners. If the vehicles are destructible, when one is blown up, does another appear where the original was?

Yeah, they respawn. :lol

Well, they did in the Halo 2 demo that Bungie showed at Microsoft's E3 press conference. They might take that out before the game itself launches, but I think they'll leave it in.

yeah, because it would be easy to place it somewhere and destroy the treads or tires and noone could move it

Mai Valentine said:
Yeah, they respawn. :lol

Well, they did in the Halo 2 demo that Bungie showed at Microsoft's E3 press conference. They might take that out before the game itself launches, but I think they'll leave it in.

I think the vehicles spawn, but that was a demo. I mean, if the rocket Launcher and plasma sword both spawn at the start for the attackers, the defenders are going to get blown up/chopped up every 10 seconds.

Yeah. They might have just coded that in there for the purpose of the demo. I don't think the rocket launcher or the plasma sword will be that easy to get to. I mean at the end they showed the plasma sword hiding in that one little spot in the wall, which is where it's going to be in the final version.

I think the Warthog might be the same though and will respawn if one is destroyed. I guess we'll see when the final version comes out though. :)

I am confident the vehicles will respawn, at least by default. Otherwise, people would just blow the vehicles up at the start. But there will probablly be options to mess with the vehicle spawning time

It just angers me with that rocket launcher how you can instantly lock on as soon as your reticle is red and you zoom in. For hardcore players, there's no defense unless you're behind a rock.

What all new weapons have yall seen for Halo 2? I know of a few, and it didn't seem like enough to me. There's the plasma sword, the changed human weapons (no pistol, :() and I've seen a few new Covenant weapons, but not mcuh really in the way of new weapons....

Well, the flamethrower goes through ammo REALLY fast, like 5 seconds of continuous firing drains the canister. It is pretty good at close range.

silvergamer88 said:
What all new weapons have yall seen for Halo 2? I know of a few, and it didn't seem like enough to me. There's the plasma sword, the changed human weapons (no pistol, :() and I've seen a few new Covenant weapons, but not mcuh really in the way of new weapons....

I like the weapons from Halo, though. If there's not a lot of new weapons in Halo 2 I'll be ok, as long as they keep something like the shotgun. :p

I know most of the old weapons are coming back, and I knew about the new weapons mentioned here aside from the flamethrower, I was just hoping for some other weapons to go with them, but I guess you can't have everything. I'll just settle for a plasma sword and shield, dual weilding weapons, and vehicle jacking.

I believe that the only Halo 1 weapons that aren't returning are the assualt rifle and the pistol. Maybe a modified pistol that isn't uber strong, but the SMG owns the assualt rifle.

I always thought it amusing that in Halo, the pistol was arguably the best weapon in the game. That's pretty bad. The shottie was nice. I only ever used the plasma pistol from the Covie arsenal after I died in Coop and had nothing else. Plasma pistol was great for taking down elites...

Well, the pistol is the best all purpose weapon in Halo.

The pistol is extremely accurate and powerful. You can get a 3 hit kill from any range with the pistol. Granted, I'd rather have a shotgun for close range fighting, but only like close range as in inside of a Blood Gulch base. All of the other weapons in Halo have major flaws that make them unsuitable for all purpose combat.

Well, the plasma pistol is pretty good when combined with another weapon. One fully charged shot drains their shields, and the other weapon can finish them off. Needler is horrible, its needles need to explode on impact. Usually if you kill someone with a needler, they kill you as well. Plasma rifle is decent as long as you don't let it overheat.

Status
Closed