Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming in 2011.

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
A news so ground breaking, it doesn't even need details. Just a TITLE. MEGA FLASH NEWS!!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/09/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-coming-in-2011/

Bump! This game is now in stores and it just received a FREAKING 10 out of 10 from IGN. That is extremely rare.

So far critics are rating it very, very, well.

I am just so broke right now. Going to have a lot of money for games by the end of the month though… I just hope I can stay away from spoilers for these games… (Arkham City, Uncharted 3)

Just beat the game. Definitely voting for it as my GOTY for the PS3, it was one fun ride that I just could not stop playing.

I just beat it about an hour ago, also. So far, this is my ps3 goty too! My God was it incredible.

I'm sad. I won't be able to get it for a couple of weeks. Finally getting more money now that October is behind us, though, so I can catch up on all the good fall releases. :D

I started playing it and got pretty far, but then I got waylaid by Skyrim. :lol I'll get back to it and beat it one of these days!

aleeock157 said:
Most of the people I know say they liked 2 better. Any thoughts on ranking the series?

Oh, man………………. Uncharted 3 just completely blew me away. I didn't think anything could be better than Uncharted 2 or The Wind Waker, but God, if Uncharted 3 didn't blow my mind. Seriously.

It isn't just a game. It's an experience that you NEED to experience. 10/10 from IGN was well deserved. I personally give it 11/10. :D
Entertainment just doesn't get any better than Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Of course, you won't get as much out of it if you haven't played the first two. (Obviously)

Graphics are stunning, audio is exceptional. One of my favorite video game soundtracks. It felt like I was playing a movie. 1 and 2 felt that way… a little, but not nearly as much as 3.

Cutscenes are great, if a bit long sometimes. Characters are very likable and you can relate to them and understand them.
The story was excellent as well. So many cliffhangers, so many scares and thrills. I thought characters were going to die in certain situations. Got really attached to some of them more so than in 1 and 2.

Seriously, though, the last chapter… I just kept thinking they were going to kill this one character off. I knew it. It had to happen, didn't it? I won't say whether they did or not, though. :p

The only other thing that got me so attached to the "experience" was Super 8, the movie that came out in June this year. I had to refrain from jumping up and yelling things at the characters.

Anyway, the single player campaign is worth way more than $60, and add classic Uncharted co-op + competitive multiplayer to the mix and you have got something well, well, worth $60.

Must buy, must play, must everything. :)

I sound a little stupid here but it's just such a brilliant game in every way imaginable.

Icyguy said:
I sound a little stupid here but it's just such a brilliant game in every way imaginable.

Nah you dont sound stupid; you just sound like you enjoyed a great game and want everyone else to experience it.

If I had a working PS3 I would probably like this series. I only played the first one for like 15 minutes though (and I sucked at it, couldn't really see the enemies - stupid eyes don't work very well). I pretty much watched my brother play it though, and a little bit of 2. When we went over my cousin's house last (which is where I play my PS3 games now =/) I watched him play the first 10 minutes of the third one. I've always liked that the series is very cinematic. Some games are just boring for someone to watch you play, that's something that bugs me cause I like to watch other people play games sometimes more than playing them myself.

I'm glad to read others had a similar experience. This is a superb game... I think possibly Game of the year...

BV :hat

I think I liked 2 better. Online is fun though if they add in Uncharted 2 maps to 3.

Had Infamous 2 not come out this year it would maybe be my GOTY.

Starrynite said:
I think I liked 2 better. Online is fun though if they add in Uncharted 2 maps to 3.

Had Infamous 2 not come out this year it would maybe be my GOTY.
so Infamous 2 is your GOTY?

I bought Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 late 2011... but I have yest to start them :( sooo many games to play!!

Has anyone else played Uncharted 3? Thoughts?

†B†V† :hat