My dreamcast is Dying what do you think killed it?

Status
Closed
Joined Jun 2005
67 Posts | 0+
my Nexus card is also totally fried during one of my dreamcast's random Resets.

I suspecting something was wrong with my dreamcast a few years ago when it would Randomly freeze.

Do you think the _______to DC adapters killed my DC?

Bleem killed it

it was just over used and dying?

Was it the mod Chip?

I need a new DC now and I don't know what to do I have tons of imports so I need a Japanese DC and I need a US DC too

where should I Go ?

I have no clue, maby bv might be able to get ahold of one. youd have to ask him.

The only thing I can think of is trying to change the internal battery inside. Not sure how much help that would be though.

I think the member ghouls N ghost would know more.... BUT I think there is a problem with imports either before a certain manufacturing date.. or its after a certain manufacturing date.

IF YOU CAN, use a DC-X converter. I have one in store here if you are interested.

Utopia is the next.... (which I use that) if you do not have a DC-X. I have a working Utopia that I burn for people for $2.... that just pays for the case / cd / my time. I do not charge for the utopia because you can download it and burn it for free.... and I didn't make it :) People sometimes opt for this because they know it works..etc.

I don't know if playing imports would have killed your dreamcast.... are you playing CD-r's? I have also heard those can hurt the system as well.

BV :hat

I'm not sure how dead it is... but if it boots but just won't play games, you can recalibrate the laser:

"Link modified" <<contains cussing.

Here is a friendlier link

http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/tut_lasercalib.shtml

Everything I play is legit

Another thing I'll need is something to get saves off a computer and on to a memory card since my memory card with all the 4+ years of Saves is shot.

What happens is everything boots up as normal then just resets out of nowhere.

I am not sure what the issue is if it's the powersuppily, the fan, the drive the adapters I use or bleem for tekken 3

How is Dreamcast emulation is it advanced enough to run on a good PC (I'm getting a new PC so Emulation is a possiblity.

KazumaYoshikuni said:
Everything I play is legit

Another thing I'll need is something to get saves off a computer and on to a memory card since my memory card with all the 4+ years of Saves is shot.

What happens is everything boots up as normal then just resets out of nowhere.

I am not sure what the issue is if it's the powersuppily, the fan, the drive the adapters I use or bleem for tekken 3

How is Dreamcast emulation is it advanced enough to run on a good PC (I'm getting a new PC so Emulation is a possiblity.

If you have a powerful PC then yes you can emulate.

emulation / roms are not discussed at these boards though.  We have relations with many game companies.. and many frown on them.

I am not sure of anything that would take saves from a computer though..... I know the N64 had the Dex drive.... but beyond that..... I have not seen a similar product for the Dreamcast.  I wouldn't doubt if there was one though.

†B†V† :hat

well... like I said.. if you want a DCX converter... or the utopia... let me know.

I'll be glad to help you out.

yes I do... I think its may 2000 (or sometime there after in 2000... some of the last manufactured I believe).... if you drop me an email: [email protected] I'll let you know for sure :)

Reading this thread makes me nervous about my DC. I have no idea the history behind it, as I purchased it used. It seems to run perfectly though. Does the DC have a history of breaking??

Dart said:
Reading this thread makes me nervous about my DC. I have no idea the history behind it, as I purchased it used. It seems to run perfectly though. Does the DC have a history of breaking??
like all electronics.. some fail.... some live forever.

The DC was made pretty well though... so I don't think you have anything to worry about.  I have bought/sold many used ones... and only had 1 fail on me.
I don't know why... its always the near mint systems that fail on me :lol  the nicest looking ones.

but you don't have anything to worry about..... besides the nature of electronics.

Dart said:

Ive had mine since '99. Still going strong. The DC's were well built, imo.

had mine since early 2000 and it still works great. DC is a well oiled machine...only if microsoft and sony could make them that good..

Status
Closed