Neo Geo CD Neo Geo CD AC Adapter Question!

Joined Jun 2005
32 Posts | 0+
Hi :)

I have the information on the OUTPUT to the Neo CD of my Japanese Neo CD Adapter (Volts/amps etc.)

So what I need is if ANYBODY here has a **USA** Neo Geo CD AC Adapter (MUST be a USA TOPLOADING one! NO CDZs or FRONTloaders),

Could you please post the following information from it into this thread: (I think the info will be on the plug side)

- Its FULL Model ID: (should start with POWCD-.. or something like that)

and

- its OUTPUT (should be in DC - I think it might have TWO outputs - with a volts rating and amps rating for each - please list both outputs - 4 numbers)

Thanks! :D

I have the info... but can I ask, what is it going to be used for (out of curiousity)? :)

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu - Yes you can  :D

You see I want to see if you can safely use a USA Neo CD AC Adapter (toploading - NON cdz) on a Japanese toploading Neo CD.

The safest way to do that is compare the exact specifications of the AC adapter's OUTPUT (into the neo cd system itself of course).

I have the Japanese AC adapter info, now I need the USA Neo CD AC Adapter info to compare it to  :)

That's why I asked for the output info (as described in my first post) on the USA Neo CD AC adapter (non CDZ)  and I was just curious about what model ID the USA neo cd ac is  ;D

So.. please post the info :D

AIGHT... my apologies on the delay.  US toploader (BTW... US systems only come in toploaders) AC adaptor:

POWCD-X

OUTPUT:  DC   5V2A
              DC   10V1A

Let me know if that is what you need :)

BV :hat

Heh. That's it :)

I checked your info against my info.

The Japanese and USA toploaders ACs have exactly the same Output (volts and amps) :D

One last thing to check :)

On my Japanese Toploader AC there is a diagram of the plug pinout (notched ends of the plug are shown on TOP) like this kinda:

__
/ 1 \
| 2 3|
-------

On mine hole #1 = 5V
hole #2 = GND
hole #3 = 10 V

Could you please just see if it is the same arrangement on the diagram that should be on your USA Neo CD AC?

yes, that is it :)

1 = 5V
2 = GND
3 = 10V

That is the same layout :)

as far as I know, the Japanese and US ac adaptors are able to be used on the different system. heck, someone modified a CDZ ac adaptor to work on a fronloader.... it worked fine (I had one come through the shop like that).

Hope this helps :) sorry for the late info.

BV :hat