Who should make the next Zelda game?

Who should it be?

• Square Enix

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sony entertainment (Hey, they made Shadow of the Collosus.)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Epic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ubisoft

• Kojima Productions

• Konami

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Capcom

• Stealth_Toilet Productions

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Joined Jan 2007
4K Posts | 0+
Mississippi
If the series doesn't change pace (or developers) soon I am done with it! I think Square Enix would do the best job at creating the fantasy this series was always supposed to be.

Uh, Nintendo? The company that made them? Square Enix will never make a Zelda.

Jack said:
Uh, Nintendo? The company that made them? Square Enix will never make a Zelda.
Who would you like to make the next Zelda? Not who will make the next Zelda.

i think it would make sense for square to make it, each time the storyline of zelda has become more and more in depth i think, and if square did it the story line would be boosted even more, plus the graphics would have to be friggin awsome as well, i dont think it would be a bad idea, but i wouldnt want them to completely take over, just help a little bit

Ok, what the hell makes people think that Square Einx (sp?) would be good at making Zelda games? They make RPG, not action adventure, and if anyone other than Nintendo is making Zelda its Ubisoft Montreal (cause they're awesome) or Bioware (cause they're more awesome, even though they would probably suck at making an action game).

I think the best thing would be some guys from Square Enix to come to the Nintendo team. I always want Nintendo to stay with Zelda, Square with FF. But some story elements from some minds at Square might add something new to the series. On the other hand, since Ocarina of Time, Zelda has kinda had a tested formula that works for a game. I guess thats more reason for some SE guys to stop by and shake things up.

Hey, Square DID make Kingdom Hearts and are making FF Versus XIII

i didnt say they should make it, but i think it would be pretty kool if they helped and contributed some awsomeness to the awsomeness that already is zelda

I should. Seriously, and I'll explain why.

First off, I rock. Everyone knows that. Therefore, logic would dictate that I would make a rocking videogame... because I rock.

Also I wouldn't make the story about Link. He's washed up, like Harrison Ford, or The Rolling Stones. I think if Zelda is going to carve a new pathway into greatness they need to actually get serious with the plot. No more of this "collect tons of stuff, then come back here and rescue the princess" bull. That's not story-telling, that's busy work. Personally I think Ganondorf has a lot of potential for character building. The whole concept of the desert race is easily one of the most interesting and least mentioned in the entire series. Exploring the possibilities there could be monumental.

Also, one wonders just what happened that made Ganondorf evil. Whether he was truly evil at heart, or what lies and deceit led him down that dark path. I really think following Ganondorf from the age of a teenager on up through his twenties could shed a lot of much needed light on a possibly misunderstood character. Perhaps he has been led to believe there is some greater good towards which he is striving, perhaps he is merely a pawn for some other truly evil being, like Darth Vader is to the Emperor. And if that is the case, then the character development that could go into the "Emperor" would be infinitely more interesting!

As well, Ganondorf would open up new gameplay possibilities. Instead of the same old chain of weapons you always get (slingshot, boomerang, bow, etc.), Ganondorf, who relies on magic, could get all sorts of spells and such. Nintendo could actually get creative with the series, open up a whole new realm of puzzle solving and combat. They could reinvent the action/adventure genre, all the while expanding on a universe which nearly every videogame fan knows and adores.

Alas, unlike me, Nintendo does not rock. Nor do any of the developers listed. Hence, I'm the only logical choice.

:lol

I change my vote to Stealth. Because he rocks harder than an 80s big hair metal band. And since he rocks, the game will be done in less than a weekend. I mean, he wouldn't have to even try. The game will finish it's self while he watches Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while eating a bowl of Fruit Loops on a Satrurday morning shortly before he leaves his house to do something that rocks harder than Van halen before they kicked out David Lee Roth. I mean super rocks here.

Dude, I give this game a 12/10 because Stealth's name is on it. :rockin

stealth toilet said:
I should. Seriously, and I'll explain why.

First off, I rock. Everyone knows that. Therefore, logic would dictate that I would make a rocking videogame... because I rock.

Also I wouldn't make the story about Link. He's washed up, like Harrison Ford, or The Rolling Stones. I think if Zelda is going to carve a new pathway into greatness they need to actually get serious with the plot. No more of this "collect tons of stuff, then come back here and rescue the princess" bull. That's not story-telling, that's busy work. Personally I think Ganondorf has a lot of potential for character building. The whole concept of the desert race is easily one of the most interesting and least mentioned in the entire series. Exploring the possibilities there could be monumental.

Also, one wonders just what happened that made Ganondorf evil. Whether he was truly evil at heart, or what lies and deceit led him down that dark path. I really think following Ganondorf from the age of a teenager on up through his twenties could shed a lot of much needed light on a possibly misunderstood character. Perhaps he has been led to believe there is some greater good towards which he is striving, perhaps he is merely a pawn for some other truly evil being, like Darth Vader is to the Emperor. And if that is the case, then the character development that could go into the "Emperor" would be infinitely more interesting!

As well, Ganondorf would open up new gameplay possibilities. Instead of the same old chain of weapons you always get (slingshot, boomerang, bow, etc.), Ganondorf, who relies on magic, could get all sorts of spells and such. Nintendo could actually get creative with the series, open up a whole new realm of puzzle solving and combat. They could reinvent the action/adventure genre, all the while expanding on a universe which nearly every videogame fan knows and adores.

Alas, unlike me, Nintendo does not rock. Nor do any of the developers listed. Hence, I'm the only logical choice.

:lol

I doubt Nintendo will ever put that much time into their plotlines so too bad because I like a lot of those ideas.

Oh, and what dev do you want to make the next Zelda?

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
Oh, and what dev do you want to make the next Zelda?

I would personally do most of the work. Concept art, lead programming, all the important aspects. If I needed a hand here and there to make my "by the end of the weekend" deadline, I would give Silicon Knights a call. Eternal Darkness is easily one of the best GC games because of it's story, voice narration, and atmosphere. They would definitely help me give the game the "somewhat dark and gloomy" feel while still giving the player a sense of hope and resilience. They could also bring a lot to the table in terms of cutscenes, especially in giving the characters some genuine emotion.
Dude, I give this game a 12/10 because Stealth's name is on it.

I'm glad to see you've turned to the dark side. It's really not so abd once you get used to it. Come my padawan, you have much to learn. :lol

stealth toilet said:
I would personally do most of the work. Concept art, lead programming, all the important aspects. If I needed a hand here and there to make my "by the end of the weekend" deadline, I would give Silicon Knights a call. Eternal Darkness is easily one of the best GC games because of it's story, voice narration, and atmosphere. They would definitely help me give the game the "somewhat dark and gloomy" feel while still giving the player a sense of hope and resilience. They could also bring a lot to the table in terms of cutscenes, especially in giving the characters some genuine emotion.
I'm glad to see you've turned to the dark side. It's really not so abd once you get used to it. Come my padawan, you have much to learn. :lol

No no you have it wrong. You would call Silicon Knights if you wanted to push the game back a couple of years and have it come out on another platform (Too Human was supposed to be a Gamecube game wasn't it?).

:p

Final Fantasy is overrated in both gameplay and storyline. If you really want a fantastic storyline get an anime studio to do it. I recommend BeeTrain (known for NOIR, Madlax, and the .dot//hack series).

Mai Valentine said:
No no you have it wrong. You would call Silicon Knights if you wanted to push the game back a couple of years and have it come out on another platform (Too Human was supposed to be a Gamecube game wasn't it?).

:p

Final Fantasy is overrated in both gameplay and storyline. If you really want a fantastic storyline get an anime studio to do it. I recommend BeeTrain (known for NOIR, Madlax, and the .dot//hack series).
Actually, it was supposed to be PS1...
Oh and Im adding Stealth to the poll.

..............................can someone please put Stealth on the poll? I cant do it.