Author Topic: What did you have for dinner last night?  (Read 48299 times)

Offline Grindspine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: What did you have for dinner last night?
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »
Grilled Salmon with a side of medium grain rice and broccoli!  Yay Foreman grill!

Offline Hell Scyth

• High Templar
    • View Profile
    • Silent Wisp Productions
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
Home made hamburgers with cheese, relish, onion and spicy sauce
۩

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2011, 10:09:48 AM »
Home made hamburgers with cheese, relish, onion and spicy sauce

Mmmm yummy! I could sure go for a big juicy burger. That sounds delicious! What do u put in ur burgers? Like bbq sauce? er seasonings? er steak sauce er eggs er bread?

I had perogies last night with sour cream
- Dilly Dally Shilly Shally

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
Oxygen! I only eat 1 meal a day anymore, and that's usually lunch. :P
-Thrav

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »
Oxygen! I only eat 1 meal a day anymore, and that's usually lunch. :P

well, hopefully the one meal is breakfast since that is the most important meal of the day :P

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
It usually depends on when I wake up. Most days I sleep through breakfast/ :P
-Thrav

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
It usually depends on when I wake up. Most days I sleep through breakfast/ :P

Well, what meal do u usually eat then? Klunch er supper? If I had toonly eat onwe meal it would be supper I think, tho I can't do that. I have to eat a lil something every 2-3 hours er I start feeling lightheaded and weak and neauseous and my head hurts.

When I was super poor I just bought tons of Ramen cuz it was 10 cents a piece back then and I would just eat ramen for all my meals. lol. Not very well balanced I guess. One time i had my backpack on and had rode my bicycle to rhe store cuz I had no car at the time and I had one dollar and i was trying to decide which flavors to get cuz there was like 3 er 4 flavors er more, and this boss looking guy came up scowling and said "Can I help u?" In a very gruff unfriendly tone, and I tried to explain what i was deciding but I don't think he believed me at all. i figure he thought I was gonmna steal stuff cuz I had on a backpack and was just looking for so long. lol

I prolly coulda got a lot more food if I had stolen it lol, but I didn't steal stuff cuz my dad was a pastor and I was raised all religious, and the times I found a gumball in a gumball machine without putting in a quarter made me feel so guilty that when I grew up I sent the stores each a check for a buck that I had ever found candy at in the gumball machines. I don't feel quite that guilty anymore tho. If I found a gumball in a machine I think i could chew it without feeling too terrible. lol

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
Yeah, ramen and tap water for me. Hopefully I'll get a job soon and that'll change, though.
-Thrav

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »
Yeah, ramen and tap water for me. Hopefully I'll get a job soon and that'll change, though.

Do u have a microwave er how do u cook it then? Do u use a libraries internet?

You know don't know if u even like it er not but usually a big bag of potatoes is really cheap and u can microwave em to have a baked potato for variety. When I was a kid my folks were super poor and they would make bake potatoes a ton all winter.

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
Yeah, microwave. I also have a toaster oven :D Baked potatoes ftw.
And nah, my grandfather has internet, and I have net on my phone too.
-Thrav

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »
Yeah, microwave. I also have a toaster oven :D Baked potatoes ftw.
And nah, my grandfather has internet, and I have net on my phone too.

I used to have a toaster oven to cook in too! :) I would make mini pizzas in it sometimes. Also works for making toast lol

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #236 on: September 06, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »
Yeah, I was eating pizzas at first, trying to conserve money now, though.
-Thrav

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2011, 08:10:06 AM »
Yeah, I was eating pizzas at first, trying to conserve money now, though.

It really sucks when everyone else seems to be able to afford variety in food and super yummy food that you crave and u r stuck eating ramen always :/

A box of spagetti noodles is usually not expensive and lasts awhile and there r usually cheap dollar brands of spaggetti sauce. If u have a fridge to keep the stuff in after u make it. I am pretty sure u can make the noodles in ur microwave. I guess pasta gets old pretty quik tho when u eat it always too.

Do u have "Aldi"s where u live? That grocery store is so cheap, and their brand of food still tastes good.

Unfortunately there are no aldis in canada

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2011, 08:54:37 AM »
Yeah... I miss fast food so much.
But no, I don't think we have one here. And I have no transportation but my bike, and I live right next to WalMart, so I usually just shop there.
-Thrav

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2011, 02:34:45 PM »
Yeah... I miss fast food so much.
But no, I don't think we have one here. And I have no transportation but my bike, and I live right next to WalMart, so I usually just shop there.

Well, Walmart is usually fairly decent on food prices. I used to work at a walmart. I was a door greeter :) and then they had me learn self check and stuff.

You need to make friends with some rich people who like to go out for fast food a lot I guess.

I remember one winter a neighbor gave my folks leftover apple cinnnamon oatmeal packets from some camp, cuz they knew my folks were poor. At first i was so happy to have some non potato food and ate it a ton, but after awhile it started to get old eating that all the time too.

Oh, and fast food made me think of...one time a neighbor boy came over to play with me and my dad had gone to town and for a special treat he brought us each one hamburger back cuz they were on sale er something, so we were all excited, but the neighbor boy was still there so my sister and I each gave half our hamburger to the neighbor and so he has a whole and we each only got a half. We were happy to have a friend and stuff, but I don't think he realized how special the burger was to us er how rarely we got stuff like that. He was prolly thinking "plain old burgers?" lol

I guess i will tell what I had for supper last night since that is what the thread is, tho I feel bad telling it when I know u are in a tight spot right now and cannot have this kinda stuff, and I feel like i am showing off what fancy stuff I can afford er something. Makes me feel guiltyish :s Does it bother u reading this thread?

Last night for supper, I had hamburgers for supper that I made from scratch. I put ketchup, bbq sauce, steak seasoning, garlic powder, broken up bread pieces, egg, and dehydrated onion in them. I cooked them on my lil george foreman grill. :) I thought they were super yummy. My husband ate two so I hope he liked em.

And I had brownies for dessert that I made yesterday too.

We couldn't really afford to do our once a week steak night when the kids were here this summer, but they r back in school and staying with their dad now, so I picked up some steaks at walmart that I plan to have for supper tonight, tho my husband will make those because he is good at seasoning them right. I am excited!!! *drools*

Offline x2

• Metal Slug 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »
We got some Hawaiian Pizzas at work. After 8.5 hours of running a carpet cleaner I had no problem downing a whole medium pizza :lol

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »
nah, it doesn't bother me. If I really wanted to, I could go buy a nice meal, I'm just doing my best to save what money I have. And I know people who would buy me a meal every now and then, I just don't want to mooch of other people. I'm just trying to pull my own weight. Speaking of which, I'm losing weight again. X_X
-Thrav

Offline x2

• Metal Slug 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2011, 02:49:43 PM »
nah, it doesn't bother me. If I really wanted to, I could go buy a nice meal, I'm just doing my best to save what money I have. And I know people who would buy me a meal every now and then, I just don't want to mooch of other people. I'm just trying to pull my own weight. Speaking of which, I'm losing weight again. X_X

Smart kid! But hey, treat yourself to a nice meal sometimes. You only live once!

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2011, 02:51:43 PM »
I've got $200 and no job, and no support from my parents. I'm living with my grandfather, but he doesn't have a job either, so I hate eating his food. Just trying to make what I've got last as long as possible.
-Thrav

Offline x2

• Metal Slug 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »
Is that Walmart hiring? Maybe you could score a job in the electronics dept.?

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »
Won't hire anyone under 18. :/
-Thrav

Offline x2

• Metal Slug 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »

Oh weak! Do you ever check craigslist? I know it's tough without proper transportation, but I always see listings for painters and construction guys who just need some general help and clean up on the job site.

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »
We got some Hawaiian Pizzas at work. After 8.5 hours of running a carpet cleaner I had no problem downing a whole medium pizza :lol
I can imagine u eating a lot after doing all that work! Are u gonna write back to the email I sent u? I don't like pineapple on pizza tho. Greenmill Inn has best pizza in my opinion.

@ Thrav: I glad it doesn't bother u reading the stuff, and I think it's great u aren't a mooch. My husband has a job, but it does not quite cover all our bills. I cannot work here until I am a resident, but fortunately I have some savings from my divorce settlement still, so I have been using that for groceries and gas and stuff. So, right now I am in a lot better situation then u are for now, and it sucks u gotta be in that situation. Congrats on losing weight if that is a good thing...I assume its a good thing since most people wish they could lose weight. Tho losing from not eating is not really all that great, cuz ur metabolism slows down then :/

Offline Gelfwings

• Space Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

Not the ideal job but mcdonalds usually hires people 14 and up and Hardees usually hires 17 year olds and stuff, so u might wanna check a place like that. I used to work at both those places as a teen. Lots of restaurants will hire underage people as dishwashers too

Offline ThravRande

• Mega Man X
    • View Profile
    • ThravGames on YouTube
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
yeah, but all the fast food places are across the interstate. I'd hate to walk across it everyday for work, but I may have to.
And unfortunately, it's not a good thing. I was only 127, I'm 113 now. :/
-Thrav