Video Games Are FAAAAR too Short These Days!!

Joined Oct 2007
49 Posts | 0+
My man hated how fast he ended COD 4, I've had the same problem with Mass Effect, Gears Of War, and Assassin's Creed. What happened to games taking weeks to beat? Who ended GTA III in a week? I remembeer when 20 hour games were limited to stupid action titles, like movie based games and crap like that. How did my damn 47 yr old mother beat Crash Of The Titans in 3 days?? That's a testament to the developer's lack of fully fleshed out ideas. The only game I haven't said this about is The Orange Box and that's only because it was 3 whole games!

Sideshow116 said:
My man hated how fast he ended COD 4, I've had the same problem with Mass Effect, Gears Of War, and Assassin's Creed. What happened to games taking weeks to beat? Who ended GTA III in a week? I remembeer when 20 hour games were limited to stupid action titles, like movie based games and crap like that. How did my darn 47 yr old mother beat Crash Of The Titans in 3 days?? That's a testament to the developer's lack of fully fleshed out ideas. The only game I haven't said this about is The Orange Box and that's only because it was 3 whole games!

i have to agree and disagree XD RPGs are longer these days than before... (FFXII 100 hours and DQVIII 80) however heavenly sword and halo are only about 5-10 hours

one of my main points in arguing that online play is ruining gaming as we know it. campaigns are being tossed aside so more time can be spent on "omgz yoo can edit ur videos" and "leederboards guise!!1!"

Wow, I thought Mass Effect was supposed to be a long game.

I'd rather a game with a shorter campaign and awesome multiplayer, rather than a game with a long as crap story mode and no/limited multiplayer mode. Games with addicting multiplayer keep them off the clearance rack.

And Hines, if that post isn't directed at Halo 3, then put a dunce hat on my skull, but if you honestly bought Halo 3 for the campaign, you need a better outlook on life.

i'm more of a campaign person than a on-line multiplayer.... so i have to agree with hines this time

however i agree with jack with the "playing halo3 for it's campaign" it's like saying you play a mario game for it's story :lol

Zidart said:
i'm more of a campaign person than a on-line multiplayer.... so i have to agree with hines this time

however i agree with jack with the "playing halo3 for it's campaign" it's like saying you play a mario game for it's story :lol

Hey now, Galaxy had a great storyline. It's more like:

That's like saying you play Katamari Damacy for it's story.

Jack said:
Hey now, Galaxy had a great storyline. It's more like:

That's like saying you play Katamari Damacy for it's story.

compared to story driven games galaxy and many mario games are nothing especial.... and that's another thing mario galaxy even though is not an RPG it could take you about 40 hours to get every single star...maybe more if you want to replay

Jack said:
And Hines, if that post isn't directed at Halo 3, then put a dunce hat on my skull, but if you honestly bought Halo 3 for the campaign, you need a better outlook on life.

I bought Halo 3 to play with my friends at LAN parties, not to sit on my couch alone and play online with people I don't know

Jack said:
Hey now, Galaxy had a great storyline.

:lol

Hinesmdc said:
I bought Halo 3 to play with my friends at LAN parties, not to sit on my couch alone and play online with people I don't know

First off wrong game for LAN parties. Secondly what's wrong with that?

Hinesmdc said:

:lol

i don't mind playing with people that i don't know... but what i do mind is people cussing me even if i win :lol. (wich is why i think brawl's on-line is gonna be awesome for me)

*claps*

I agree fully and completely. Action games, especially are starting to become alarmingly short. *looks at Heavenly Sword*
Jack said:
Wow, I thought Mass Effect was supposed to be a long game.
It took me 20 hours. You might get to 30, or 35, if you do every one of the mind-numbingly repetitive explorable worlds. >_>
Jack said:
Hey now, Galaxy had a great storyline.
Wow, what the hell game have I been playing? :lol

And Katamari Damacy's story was one of the best parts of the game. I lol'ed through every second of that insane hodgepodge of mushroom-inspired weirdness. :lol

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
I agree fully and completely. Action games, especially are starting to become alarmingly short. *looks at Heavenly Sword*

and god of war series!

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
It took me 20 hours. You might get to 30, or 35, if you do every one of the mind-numbingly repetitive explorable worlds. >_>

I don't think Ive gotten far into the game and its been 25 hours and there still is a ton of side missions in the game and they keep piling up everytime I clear one and go to a different star system. It's like beat one get 3 more. But, if you do the side quests after awhile you get more stuff that involves Shepard's past which I think is cool.

God of War doesn't need to be extremely long to be satisfying. It does well with its 5-7 hours of gameplay. And I bet the third one will be longer.

Jack said:
God of War doesn't need to be extremely long to be satisfying. It does well with its 5-7 hours of gameplay. And I bet the third one will be longer.

not only that.. you might also want to replay it because is short and you get bonuses to beating it in god mode

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I don't think Ive gotten far into the game and its been 25 hours and there still is a ton of side missions in the game and they keep piling up everytime I clear one and go to a different star system. It's like beat one get 3 more. But, if you do the side quests after awhile you get more stuff that involves Shepard's past which I think is cool.
You have Fr0dus. If memory serves correctly, you have two main worlds left.

And I didn't get much about Shepard's past. I was a sole survivor, so I got one of my squad-mates who supposedly died in a previous mission coming back. This was kind of underdeveloped for my tastes, and it's really the only thing based around his past I got.

The Prometheus corporation missions left a ton of untapped potential too.

@Jack, why does it have to be so short though? I don't want to pay so much for a game that will take such a short time to finish. It's still a great game, but it's indicative of an all too common trend of games getting shorter and shorter, despite the fact that we're spending more money on them.

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I am a sole survivor too.
Well, do you agree with me, that there could have been more to be done, with the mission I was talking about? I just feel that it could have been more than just a single encounter. It should have been expanded upon, I think.

Same with the missions involving the Prometheus Corporation.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
Well, do you agree with me, that there could have been more to be done, with the mission I was talking about? I just feel that it could have been more than just a single encounter. It should have been expanded upon, I think.

I don't think I got to that one. Could u explain it?